Work is well underway as part of our Head Contractor Services at the iconic GTV9 (Channel Nine) headquarters in Bourke Street, Docklands in Melbourne.
Knight Frank Australia – on behalf on REST – engaged Rork Projects to provide Head Contractor Services for a Amenities & Lobby L4 Refurbishment and associated works.
Docklands has been the home of GTV9 since 2011 when it vacated its historic Richmond. Before moving to the brand new, purpose-built, high-tech facility at 717 Bourke Street, GTV9 has been at the Bendigo Street ‘Piano Factory’ site for 53 years.
The Docklands building was completed in 2010 and was awarded accolades for its imaginative and progressive designs.
The major refurbishment of the main lobby on Level 4 will further enhance the experience of tenants and visitors. The refurbishment works will expand the space in the lobby threefold and expose the external glass wall to the north introducing an abundance of natural light to the internal areas.
Completion date for the refurbishment and associated works is due by mid year.
For the last 20 years, Rork Projects has specialised in delivering quality building upgrade works, make good and commercial office ‘fit out’ projects for both commercial and government clients.
The work at Docklands compliments similar recently completed projects including:
- Tenancy and Lobby works at Australian Broadcasting Commission in Sydney;
- End of Trip, 12 Lvl building refurbishment at, 2 Casselden Place in Melbourne ;
- End of Trip, 13 Lvl building refurbishment at 50 Lonsdale Street in Melbourne;
- Building refurbishment and EoT at345 George Street, Sydney;
- Lobby Upgrade and End of Trip at 10 Smith St, Sydney;
- Building refurbishment and EoT at 100 Pacific Highway, Sydney;
- Lobby and Amenities Upgrade at Abacus – Martin Place Sydney;
- Lobby and Amenities Upgrade at Kingsmede – 25 Bligh Street, Sydney;
- Lobby Upgrade and End of Trip at 6 O’Connell Street, Sydney;
- Lobby & Building Façade Upgrade at 7-11 Barry Drive, Canberra;
- Legal – Office fit out at Brand Partners 4 Bank Pl. Melbourne;