Rork Projects was appointed to undertake refurbish works associated with a new parcel sorting conveyor system and X-Ray equipment.
The project works encompassed:
- Provision of acoustic hoarding (approx. 280m) for the duration of the project works to enable live operations within the sorting centre to continue throughout the construction works
- Building extension comprising screw piles, suspended slab with masonry and metal sheeting wall cladding
- Coordination of all services alterations and new installation with conveyor and equipment installations
- Comms room refurbishment, comprising new racks and CRAC units
- Modifications to perimeter walls for new roller shutter openings
- Modifications and replacement to external paving to suit new roller shutter openings
- Installation of new roof mounted plant platforms and associated strengthening of roof structure
- New mechanical services system including installation of 4 x new supplementary AHU and associated duct work.