Rork Projects were engaged by the University of Canberra (UC) to provide upgrades to the lighting systems and refurbishment of to 1C33, which involved constructing a flexible computer lab.
Works in the computer lab included the removal and replacement of air handling unit , alterations to existing mechanical ductwork and supply and installation of new fan coil unit, installation of glazing to existing low heights wall to enclose space, installation of new set of double doors complete with UC compatible security system, power and data installation to suit computer lab requirements and installation of fabric panels and whiteboards.
The lighting systems were upgraded in four lecture theatres with the following scope:
- Replacement of the existing lighting with energy efficient LED fittings, including the construction of platform scaffolds for access
- New lighting control systems all linked the Building Management System (BMS)
- Repair and painting of ceilings
- Replacement of the fire sprinklers while the scaffold was up
- Installation of ‘People Counters’ in the 4 lecture theatres and wet areas
As an Indigenous business, we proudly acknowledge that this project was completed on the lands of the Ngunnuwal people.